Windows 95 to 98SE

malibu4u

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a friend(at least I hope I will when this is finished!)that wants to go from windows 95 to 98. He also has alot of programs in 95 and we want to get rid of it all from his computer. Is there an easy way of dumping the whole lot or when we put in the 98 SE disk it will over ride everything he has on it and it will be gone? My friends computer has mega memory so windows 98SE will not be a problem installing it other than the fact we want what he has now completely gone? Thanks in advance for any help.

Kiekhaeferscurse

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Windows 95 to 98SE

Sheesh just relized I can open my window and hit your house with a rock, Howdy neighbor

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

You can ( and should ) do a complete reformat of the hard drive. This will erase everything on the harddrive.

RedRangerVIP

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Make sure you have the full version of 98 before you format or your screwed.98 upgrade is just that, a upgrade of 95. Just a friendly reminder :)

Xcusme

Commander

Screwed....not exactly.... Link <br /><br />There are many links describing the procedure...Win95 to Win98SE on the upgrade CD.

RedRangerVIP

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well , Xcusme :D :D (just kidding , I couldn't resist). Seriously tho, that's awesome. Will this work from 98 to XP also? That would be nice if it does. :) :)

malibu4u

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for all your advice and the links to check up on. Will be trying it tomorrow by the sounds of it. Roscoe you said to do a complete reformat of the hard drive. How is this done? Howdy back to you Kiekhaeferscurse.

rattana

Chief Petty Officer

Creating Win98 Boot Disk <br />Creating Win98 Boot Disk (Startup Disk) To create a boot disk in Windows 98, follow these steps: Insert a formatted floppy disk in your floppy drive. Press Start. Select Settings. Select the Control Panel. ... Press the "Create a Startup Disk" button and it will create a startup disk for you ...<br />After you create a startup disk, read the help directory on the floopy disk. If you can print it out, it will be easy to follow the procedure for fdisk and reformatting.