Mower decks

butch290

Seaman
Has any one applied something under a mower deck that the grass didn't stick, and stoped the rust.<br />I thought of trying Durabak, think it would work.<br /> Thanks

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Mower decks

Originally posted by butch290:<br />Has any one applied something under a mower deck that the grass didn't stick, and stoped the rust.<br />I thought of trying Durabak, think it would work.<br /> Thanks
Ever new mower I get, I undercoat it.<br />So much eaiser to clean that way.<br />Helps stop rust also.<br /><br />I'm talking $2100 for mower decks.

ndemge

Commander

SBN .. what do you use to undercoat?<br /><br />Dad has a Great dane zeroturn, and brother (next door)has a Kubota diesel zero turn.... mow a total of about 12 acres

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by ndemge:<br />SBN .. what do you use to undercoat?<br /><br />Dad has a Great dane zeroturn, and brother (next door)has a Kubota diesel zero turn.... mow a total of about 12 acres
I use a rubberized undercoating.<br />Companies like the Eastwood company sells it.<br /><br />I too have Kubota's.<br />1 New BX2200, a new B7510 and a 1990 B7100.<br />The deck on the B7100 is over 12 years old and still in great shape.<br /><br />But like I said, in decks just like anything else, you get what you paid for.

JB

My Kubota B2150HST does not have a belly deck. I use a 60" finish mower and a 60" "Brush Hog" on the 3 point hitch. "Big Orange" does a wide variety of work around The Hideout besides mowing.<br /><br />But I digress. Each mower gets sprayed with WD-40 each time I sharpen blades. Our climate may have something to do with the fact that rust is the least of my troubles.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by SBN:<br />I too have Kubota's.<br />1 New BX2200, a new B7510 and a 1990 B7100.<br />The deck on the B7100 is over 12 years old and still in great shape.
Now we know why the missus doesn't mind mowing the lawn. You made it sound like she was out there with an old rotary push mower.

SoulWinner

Commander

Wally World and any auto parts store sells ruberizer in a can. Spray on about four cans of the stuff. Works for me.