2004 f-150

mattttt25

Commander
really looking at picking one up after the holidays. have my eye on the fx4 supercab with a few options.<br /><br />we've all heard how great they are. anyone have some personal experience? how does the new 5.4l perform? any opinions?<br /><br />also, when i visited a dealer a few weeks ago, he made it sound like the financing (best you can do at 60 months is 2.9) might get better (o) after the new year. anyone have some insider ford info?

mattttt25

Commander
Re: 2004 f-150

djohns, thanks. glad you are enjoying it. if they offer 0% after the new year, i'm sold. if you don't mind, how much over invoice did you pay? i was almost promised invoice if i ordered one (which i planned on doing), considering they get the full holdback. at 0% and invoice, that's a lot of truck for the money.

mattttt25

Commander

yeah, back to the 2004 f-150. nothing else please, or jb will move it dockside chat for a few posts then lock it.

tylerin

Commander

Now come on Djohns, different strokes for different folks. I don't have anything bad to say about Fords. I just prefer my Chevrolets :) <br />Sorry, now carry on.

D

DJ

I take (took) back every word I said. People are more likely to fight over this than religion and politics.

Ralph 123

Captain

They sure look nice. I am a Chevy/GMC guy myself but if I were in the market right now for that class truck I would test drive them all.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I'm fond of Fords, and the new F150 does intrigue me. Go to this website, it is Ford Truck World. Check the forums, you will find all the info you need.<br /><br /> http://ftw.truckmoxie.com/ <br /><br />Djohns, you must has said some horrid stuff, there is nothing in your posts but empty space....

D

DJ

JasonJ,<br /><br />Nothing "horrid" just my experience and knowledge of the product.<br /><br />However, those two things mean NOTHING when it comes to opinions.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

So true....thats okay, you know what they say about opinions.....

KennyKenCan

Commander

Great lookin truck.<br /><br />Just I still don't trust them Triton engines.<br /><br />Know too many people who have had major problems with them.<br /><br />Hope Ford works the problems out soon, or they are going to loose their shirts!<br /><br />I know of someone who blew-up their Triton leaving the dealer after accepting delivery.<br /><br />Didn't get 200' from the dealer and...<br /><br /> BOOM!!

D

DJ

What problems with Triton engines? <br /><br />I have some customers with over 400K on them.<br /><br />All three flavors too. 4.6, 5.4 and 6.8.<br /><br />So, we comdemn an entire engine line of which there are literally millions out there (Super Duty alone is 900.000/year) since 1991.<br /><br />So, no other maker has EVER had a new engine fail?

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

ford makes really good trucks, but some of the low<br />end cars they put out are marginal at best IMO.<br />apples/oranges

KennyKenCan

Commander

djohns19,<br /><br />I'm not trying to argue with you, it's just the observation that I have made through many friends experiences.<br /><br />Also, why else would the majority of police depts. drop Fords from being their main police cruisers?<br /><br />NYPD got rid of almost all of their Ford Crown Vic POS's due to unreliability.<br /><br />Mainly, engines exploding after only a couple hours on the job.<br /><br />And then there is the cronic gas tank problems that have claimed the lives of dozens of police officers!<br /><br />NYPD now uses Chevy Malibu's.<br /><br />NY State Police now use Chevy Suburbans for the same reasons.<br /><br />Haven't seen A Crown Vic POS in over a year!<br /><br />And those that you can find, can usually be found by just looking for the cloud of blue smoke...<br /><br />comming from their tailpipes!<br /><br />I also have 4 freinds who are selling their '03 F-150's and Excursions due to lack of power!<br /><br />Had to disconnect my freinds Excursion from his travel trailer because it couldn't pull it up a hill, even in 4 wheel drive!<br /><br />It just sat there screaming and did nothing!<br /><br />Had to use another friends truck to get it up the hill, and he never had to touch the gas, just idled it right up the hill!<br /><br />Took Excursion back to dealer, and was told that the V-10 Triton engine was never designed to haul the weight of a travel trailer, and that he should have bought a diesel model!!!<br /><br />Ford found nothing wrong.<br /><br />Same thing happened to him on his vacation to Canada.<br /><br />He never got to Canada.<br /><br />Didn't get to far north of NYC.<br /><br />Couldn't get up the hills on the highway!<br /><br />Try explaining to your kids why they can't go to the vacation spot they had been planning for a year, because your new truck can't do the job the salesman said it would do.<br /><br />I guess there is good and bad in everything out there.

D

DJ

KennyKenCan,<br /><br />You obviously have an axe to grind against Ford.<br /><br />Your "freinds" Excursion. Maybe he bought the wrong truck, or got sold one. You left alot of facts out. Trailer weight, rear axle ratio, etc. Or maybe that doesn't matter, to your story. You are painting with a VERY broad brush.<br /><br />I am in the fleet business. My smallest customer has 500 units in operation, my largest has 300,000. They know a little bit about what works and what doesn't. Their records are meticulous and believe me, I hear about it when there is a problem. If I don't hear about it from a fleet with 45,000 V-10's in operation running at maximum GVW or GCWR their entire lives, it doesn't exist.<br /><br />There are many a V-10's out there pulling 25K backhoes around with no issues. Yea, they're overloaded, but they don't CARE, THEY PULL FINE.<br /><br />The "kid's disapointment" thing thrown in must have been for effect.<br /><br />I know, intimately about the Crown Vic. <br /><br />You have NO IDEA what the facts are regarding rear end collisions and the NYPD. I do.<br /><br />They are not at all what you think.

NOSLEEP

Commander

Kenny , reading your posts reminds me of some<br />one with a bee in there bonnet.<br />Your info is based purely on personal feelings<br />and has no basses in reality. Obviously your own<br />reality.<br />Kenny we are all aware of the tragic accidents<br />that have occurred on some rear end collisions.<br />For any one else's benefit reading this post.<br />Triton engines are rated by JD powers as one of<br />the top 10 engines manufactured in the world, And<br />their overhead cam design on its V/8 and V/10<br />as the industry leader. <br />The Crown Victoria is also the preffered police<br />cruiser in North America.

Ralph 123

Captain

First, for the record, truck/cars are not a matter of religion for me. I would buy the new Navigator tomorrow if given a chance based on my test drive experience. So I have no bias against Ford. I grew up driving my Grand Dads Fords.<br /><br />My cousin has a 1999 V8 Triton F150 - it is a really beautiful custom lariat version. Anyway, we blew 2 transmissions trying to pull my boat to the ramp and back a few times. The ramp was less than 5 miles round trip. Luckily it was replaced both times under warranty. Boat and trailer weigh about 7,000 lbs. It also seems badly underpowered - it labors just cruising. He also has to keep replacing the brakes. The front discs just keep wearing out fast. Then, the electrical system went bonkers. We'd be driving and thw indshield wipeers would come on by them selves. The doors would lock and unlock. Strange stuff.<br /><br />So, I went out and bought a used 1997 GMC Sierra and didn't have a problem all last season and the boat was moved 10mi from the ramp so the trip is a lot longer. When he drove the GMC he was POd beyond words and tried to sell the 150 but couldn't get an offer near what he owes on it.