8HP battery charging

97MACHZ

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 92 8HP and I want to know if I can run a set of charging lines off it to charge a trolling motor. It has a marking on the housing for what looks like a set off leads but there are no lines coming off the motor to this point. Can I run my own lines? Does anyone have a motor electrical diagram to show how to ckeck/hook up a set of leads? Even a good description would be helpful.<br />Cheers<br />Mike

TGuy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 8HP battery charging

Is this a Honda or a Nissan/Tohatsu motor?<br /><br />>>Even a good description would be helpful. :)))

97MACHZ

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 8HP battery charging

Sorry I got ahead of myself. I have posted other queries about my 'HONDA 8HP ' motor and just assumed evryone would be reading my mind for this post. There is a lead post housing on the left side of the motor, oposite side of the tiller and fuel inlet. Ther are definitely power leads going to it, I am just not sure which is positive and which is negative. There are two holes for leads that would be similar to a 240 volt wall plug with out the ground or a European plug style. The pattern is one verticle slot and then one horizontal slot. I am not sure which slot is positive and which is negative. Does anyone know?<br />Cheers<br />Mike