yamaha 704 control with honda?????

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew if the yamaha model 704 top mount control will work with a Honda BF45? Phisically they look very similar (judging from photos of both the Honda & Yamaha controls). If this won't work, might anyone have a 06240-ZW5-U40 Honda RH top mount control with T&T switch for sale at a decent price?<br /> Thanks, RVtech

hondon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: yamaha 704 control with honda?????

The control cable side will work just fine.Both of them are made to use Morse 33c cables.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello. we used the 704 control box for years on hondas. back in the late 80's and mid ninties. Ihave not rigged one in a few years but best I remember we had to flip the shift cam arm to make it push for fwd gear. the information on how to flip the cam is in the yamaha rigging guide. good luck and happy boating.

thanks Hondon & Rodbolt. I just found a honda binnacle control. Should be a piece of cake with the correct control. I'm using a side mount on a pontoon, with a hole in the console where the old omc control came out of. Getting tired of fishing my cigarettes out from under the console.