Why no help?

davekat1400

Cadet
My post titled "1991 90 hp power loss" has received 0 replies. I have been trying to get this motor running for some time now and am at the end of my rope. I've paid "pro" mechanics and replaced several parts to no avail. Please help me! Thanks, Dave.

Realgun

Commander
Re: Why no help?

You waited a whole 6 hours? Man this is free help it get there when it gets there.<br />Next time try a ^ bump in your post and give some people a bit of time we do have other things to do.<br /><br />Hopefully we can answer your question or refer you to somebody who can.<br /><br />Oh and Welcome to iboats!!!

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Since we can't see your engine, give us something to work with. Power loss -- but how so? What RPM does power fall off. Did it ever run right. Did you just acquire the engine? Does it start? Does it idle? Does it have spark on all cylinders, did you do a compression test, does it have fresh fuel, did you try activating the choke/primer or giving the primer bulb a squeeze or two when power falls off. Is the primer bulb being sucked flat which indicates a fuel line restriction? When were the carbs rebuilt last, and what have you paid others to do that didn't work? See how this works???

davekat1400

Cadet

Sorry I pissed you guys off.I didn't wait just six hours(?) and tried to give enough information in my original post.Guess I'm not a genius after all. Sorry!

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

You didn't anger us and if most of us took an IQ test it would become painfully evident we are not geniuses either. By the way, a genius may be "book smart" but I'll bet he/she is "practically stupid" and can't figure the way out of a box with the top open. You just didn't give us anything to go on. Ask a very vague question and you can't expect to get anything but a vague response (or no response). Glad I didn't suggest that you get a service manual. Last time I did that the guy got his undies in a bunch even though its the best investment a do-it-yourselfer can make.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

well it was a holiday week for most of us, and we were out getting bit by skeetoes.