Bad fuel lines

speeddemon1452

Seaman Apprentice
Hi i have 1995 70hp force bought boat used .runs great but all the fuel lines on the carb sipping gas from were they conect to the fittings looks like whoever worked on it last used zip ties as hoes clamps and thats were its leaking at so can i just put clamps on in place of these zip ties or should i replace everything hoese and all thanks for any help

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Re: Bad fuel lines

Fuel line is cheap. Take a piece of it to NAPA and have them sell you about 6 feet and replace all of it. Ethonal in gas makes rubber turn hard and eventually starts eating away at the rubber where deposits can form in the carb. Plastic tie wraps are a quick fix for a fuel problem but do not like gasoline. I would get new fuel clamps while you are at it.

Schoe

Cadet

Never use plastic tie wraps for the fuel system as you can never get then tight enough to seal the fuel lines and if the lines leak air into them your engine will not run as well as it should, plus the lines may leak fuel as well. Like Eurolarva said, fuel clamps are cheap enough, but only use good clamps made in the USA as I have found imported clamps strip real easy.

scotiany

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I use a type of plastic tie on my hoses. They work fine. They are special marine hose clamps from a marine store.

speeddemon1452

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks will replace everything sorry for late reply as just got back in from long drive from eire pa so oof to parts store i go thanks everyone.

Realgun

Commander

There are plastic clamps that work very very well but they need to be sized correctly.<br /> This is what I have seen and have used in watercooling my computer. Ther work well and if sized right you need pliers to close them completly. Very hard to get off but can be done.

scotiany

Realgun. Those are the clamps I have. I got them for a whole lot less than that though. Sometimes it's better to go local than interet for parts.

speeddemon1452

Seaman Apprentice

well got it all back together now. had to use reg hose clamps as could not find plastic ones yet around here. no leaks and starts right up guess i will tri it out tomarow as I am not even going to try today its a madhouse here during 4th so will wait tell everyone goes back to work and give it a run thanks for the help on this

speeddemon1452

Seaman Apprentice

well took boat 0ut today and the new fuel bulb sucks it worked for a a time then wene i was buy sebastian inlet things went wrong boat died and tried to pump the fuel bulb and it would not draw up the gas had to put anker out so we would not go out to sea as tide was going out like a bat out of hell bad place for this to happen but anker held good tell i coud cut that thing off and put my old one back on as it was a better bulb even though it was old good thing i keeped it on board or would have had to be towed in from there never buy cheap fuel bulb again it came apart inside something is lose in it so guess its trashed

scotiany

Very smart move bringing the old bulb with you. I gotta remember that.