Temp buzer going off

meangene21

Cadet
Hello again !<br /><br /> I had to run my motor with the ear muffs on. While i was testing the motor i noticed no water was getting pumped through the impeller. So now i think i know which manuel to buy and replace that. The motor ran fine other then the extreme heat build up when running it on the bad impeller. There is a buzzer that goes off which warns you of temp overheating. Would that buzzer in anyway effect the engines running ability? The reason for the question is because my motor will not start now... <br /><br />Thanks in advance for the help <br /><br />Yup ima NOOB !

timfromfc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Temp buzer going off

The buzzer itself wouldn't affect the motor. It's what the buzzer warns against that will affect your motor. Extreme heat is not a good thing for motors. There could be many reasons your motor won't start. It could be that you fried your motor from the extreme heat, or it could be something simple (knock on wood). I would do a search on "engine won't start" and start with the basics. Eliminate possible causes so that you can narrow in on your problem. Good luck!!!

meangene21

Cadet

Yeah, thats what i am doing. I just wanted to know exactly what the buzzer was used for and to see if it was going to save me sometime!

jasonbailey

Petty Officer 1st Class

If you ran it with the buzzer going off on the muffs, I'd do a compression check and make sure you did not blow the head gasket.

scotiany

Senior Chief Petty Officer

First thing I'd do is see if you can turn over motor by hand via the flywheel(clockwise)

meangene21

Cadet

Yeah she turns over, and its got some pressure when i turn it over.<br /><br /> If i connected the kill switch wires directly to eachother, this would allow the engine to work and it should be agood test to see if the Kill switch is bad, right?

IRCRAZYWEIRDO

Seaman Apprentice

Your thermostat may have gone bad and won't open to let water through the engine properly or at all. If you do get it running again I would replace it. It is usually in the top rear of the powerhead. Hopefully you only damaged the head gasket.

imported_bjs

Petty Officer 1st Class

went through same thing maybe a new impeller make sure you dont put in backwards yeah that right took awhile but i finally figured it out.