93 force ignition again

trueturn

Cadet
Back a little bit I posted a ignition problem on a 93 15hp force my question is could I get better spark by disassembling and cleaning the components or would this be a waste of time I know it works for the oldies with points remember this shows spark when spark plug is grounded to the head but under compression no fire just a thought while waiting for non existing parts

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: 93 force ignition again

If the plug is firing, that is, firing a good strong long blue spark, then it shouldn't make a difference if it is under compression or not. If it is not a strong spark, then cdm may have a weak coil, and may not fire under compression. <br /><br /><br />If you have good spark, then it is a fuel problem, a compression problem, or timing issue.<br /><br />I don't know what you would clean except for the connections.

trueturn

Cadet
Re: 93 force ignition again

Basically my question is that if the connections are not up to snuff would it make a difference in the snrongness of the spark it does spark but it is not the snappy spark we all look for and as far as timing how would I check that???