'90 90HP L-Drive:Throttle Assembly Sticking

subyfan

Recruit
Recently bought a Bayliner Capri with a 90HP L-Drive, before doing my homework . :( <br /><br />The throttle assembly is sticking. Anyone have any ideas to free up or offer any help? :confused:

Docdoc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: '90 90HP L-Drive:Throttle Assembly Sticking

Is it the remote control that is sticking, or is it the throttle control assembly on the motor? Disconnect the throttle cable to chedk exactly where it is sticking. If it is the assembly on the carbs, use some spray carb cleaner or even WD-40. If it is the cable, see if you can work some WD-40 down into the cable from one end a little at a time. Do not pull the cable out of it's sheath, they are hell to get back in.

peacekeeper6

Senior Chief Petty Officer

lol an l drive lol!!! u and me both buddy, i havnt had that problem yet, but how does it run otherwise?

subyfan

Recruit

Originally posted by Docdoc:<br /> Is it the remote control that is sticking, or is it the throttle control assembly on the motor? Disconnect the throttle cable to chedk exactly where it is sticking. If it is the assembly on the carbs, use some spray carb cleaner or even WD-40. If it is the cable, see if you can work some WD-40 down into the cable from one end a little at a time. Do not pull the cable out of it's sheath, they are hell to get back in.
Disconnected the remote control, and although it's a little stiff works well. It's the assembly on the carbs. I'll try your suggestion of lubing it up, thanks.

subyfan

Recruit

Originally posted by Boater Dude:<br /> lol an l drive lol!!! u and me both buddy, i havnt had that problem yet, but how does it run otherwise?
Other than the throttle assembly sticking and not letting me "open her up" when running, everything works fine. (keeping fingers crossed)<br /><br />Nice looking boat and the interior is spotless.

peacekeeper6

Senior Chief Petty Officer

yea thats why lured me from the l drive factor also. i think i know why they are so nice. they sit. . .

mieufarmer

Cadet

YEA me too. HAHAHAHA!! It's CLUB L-driver. At least your runs. Don't run it hot. good luck Michael. <br /><br />P.S DOn't use those little muffs to flush it out. Get a bucket or somthing.

subyfan

Recruit

Woohoo! A little spray silicone and done!<br /><br />Any advice as I take her out this weekend?

Docdoc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just be sure it doesn't stick in the WOT position! LOL

Burksee

Recruit

Hey Subyfan, How's the Bayliner runnin? I'm lookin at one myself (1990 Bayliner Capri 1870 bowrider) but after reading up on L-Drives here in the forums I'm not so sure......