no spark

Dave_D

Cadet
I have a 50hp force 1987c with w prestolite cd ign. i am getting no spark to either plug, i hooked up a multimeter and tested the stator wires like my manual tells( with the wires unhooked from the wire block) and i get nothing at all 0 volts .<br />my question is am i for sure replacing the stator or can it still be something else causing no voltage from the stator<br />thanks dave

Dave_D

Cadet
Re: no spark

i should add i was testing a new starter out and 2 times it started perfect then after the third try it never fired agian. I smelled no burning or anything when i was pulling plugs and hoping for a bad oil mix or something .<br />last season something electrical smoked but it still ran fine and i blew it off. <br />Ever try to wind one or fix the windings?<br />thanks dave

cpbrocke

Cadet

I am having the same trouble with my Force 50 87 Model C. No spark to either plug. I also tried testing the stator and the trigger, didn't really get much reading from either of them. I spent the 70 bucks on a good multimeter with a max volt reader too. I am stumped at this point. I will probably just take it to a service place and have them fix it. I will let you know what they find, keep me posted if you get yours fixed.

cpbrocke

Cadet

BAD Trigger. I guess the multimeter I bought wasn't high quality enough to test it properly. I knew it wasn't the stator when my roommate was holding the multimeter (and both wires) to test it and he jumped back 15 feet. I should have given him a warning.... He still owes me a tank of gas though.

cpbrocke

Cadet

Not only a bad trigger, 210 dollars, two bad cd mod/coils @ 205 bucks a piece. This thing is getting expensive. Hope that yours isn't as sick as mine is.