first time here, i need some help/advice

gordingaling

Recruit
i just bought a 1966 winner mackinac boat with a 105hp chrysler outboard. this boat is in pristine condition but the motor is not running.<br />i am not getting any spark to any cylinders and have traced it down to the ignition coil. the problem is that all the sites i ahve been to, i cannot find any parts for a '66. also, the coil on this motor does not look anything like any other pictures im seeing. it is a magnapower ignition with what looks like some kind of square module with a cylindrical coil mounted to the side of it. i have power going through the module but it seems there is a dead short in the coil. model # on the motor is 10575 and the serial # is 1018. any help here or advice would be very much appriciated.

gordingaling

Recruit
Re: first time here, i need some help/advice

forgot to add, i pulled the old coil and it looks like it has been replaced before. it has a sticker on it with a what looks to be a hand written part #. 321475-1

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

model # 10575 was made in 1968 and 1969

novicetech

Petty Officer 1st Class

Try ebay, I think just about all of those coils, ignition modules are the same.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

YOu can try chryslercrew.com Maybe they still have a chat on thursday nights. If not email franz and see if he has any or if he knows of an after market part that will work. His email address is FranzMarine@aol.com

gordingaling

Recruit

thank you so much for your help. i found a boat salvage yard in indianapolis that has all the parts i need used.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

I have one of those motors dissasembled. when I took it apart it was running but had scored a cyl. <br /> I dont know if any of it is any good any more. the crank and rods are most likly rusted by now. was a project motor my dad wanted to do then he got sick and died. you figgure out how to get it and all of it is yours

gordingaling

Recruit

i might be interested in that.<br />i dont use icq or aim but you can contact me at<br />gordingaling@mchsi.com<br />i cant figure out how to send a private msg in these forums if it can even be done.<br /><br />also, roscoe, just out of curiosity..<br />if that motor is a 68 or 69, would they have manufactured the boats at an earlier time and put the hardware and motors on later then sold it as a '66? the boat title says it is a '66.<br />or is it more likely that something happened to the motor and they replaced it.<br />hell i dont know maybe the date on the title is wrong.<br /><br />in my search for a new coil i came across a marine online parts store and sent them an email telling them what i was looking for. this was their response;<br /><br />The coil is no longer available new. Purchasing a 66 model (especially a<br />Chrysler) was not a good idea. Parts are barely still available for the last<br />years Chrysler's were made (early 80's).<br /><br />DJ<br /><br /><br />...lol

bnk999

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have been able to find alot of parts for my 1974 75 hp chrysler-- though it's true that some major components may be hard to find and you may have to go with used parts in some cases- but the chryslers are very easy to work on and I love mine :D

bnk999

Petty Officer 2nd Class

btw have you checked the points -- especially if the boat sat for a while, they may be corroded which would cause a no spark condition-

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

yes yes or yes.<br />Or the boat could have been sitting unsold for a year or two, then the put a motor on it when they had a buyer.