Chrysler 135 won't start - Fuel prob?

newboater135

Recruit
I am a new boater and just purchased a boat w/Chrysler 135 engine. I was told this was a 2 stroke engine by a not-so-reliable source, and mixing was 50:1. I put in a full tank of premium fuel and mixed the oil. It started and ran decent the first trip out 2 days ago with no issues. I tried to start it yesterday and it wouldn't run at all, but does turn over. There was a little oil on the water. I noticed the engine has 4 spark plugs. Is this a 4 cycle engine? If so, was I not supposed to mix oil? Also, would that cause engine not to run? How can I fix this issue and use my boat???

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Re: Chrysler 135 won't start - Fuel prob?

Hello Newboater and welcome to iboats. 50 to 1 should be correct. I dont think chrysler ever made a four stroke motor. When you attempt to start are you choking the motor. Pushing the key in will open the choke butterfly. You should hear and audible click when you push the key in. I would stay away from premium gas. 87 octane is the best. It is best if you can get gas with no ethonal in it however that is becoming harder and harder to find. This oil you mention on the water is unburned gas coming out through the exhaust into the water. Chryslers are not known to be enviornmentally friendly.<br /><br />When you prime the motor does the bulb get hard? Also post your model number. It should be under the cowling somewhere under the carbs.