50HP Force,1st time wiring it need diagram

Rigor

Cadet
50HP Force,1st time wiring it need diagram.<br />starter,kill,tach,electric choke. <br />some wires on the harness match up and some don't<br />tired or starring at it blankly :( <br /><br />in the strip of leads there is a "starter" and "positive" maybe the 2 of them are suposed to be wired to a switch but i'm not positive heh heh.<br /><br />Rig

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: 50HP Force,1st time wiring it need diagram

I hate to be the one to tell you, but you really should get a repair manual for that motor.<br /><br />The wiring color codes changed some years back, and you may be trying to match engine wire harness wires to wires that used the newer (or older) color code. Don't know what year or model motor you have, or how old your gauges and controls are, so we would just be guessing.<br /><br />If you get a repair manual, there are wiring diagrams for the motors and most controls.<br /><br />If you are near a metro area, try the public library, they often have manuals in the technical or repairs section. Or buy one here, see link below.

rayiow

Seaman

yep i agree get a manual,i got mine(seloc)and it is always on the table open lol(i have a 50hp us marine 1989 force) and if i do get stuck then i come here but it is so reasuring to have the manual(although it did cost me £30 with p+p mmmmmmmm)

Rigor

Cadet

Thanx<br />I can't believe I forgot to mention it's a 91'.<br />I started it with a rope and it started no problem at all. Then killed it by crossing "stop" with "stop 2". there is a "start" but i'm not sure what to jump that with. but its a start. I tried getting the book locally and had diffaculties so thanx for that info.<br />Rigor

Rigor

Cadet

Got it all figured out now. Thanx gents.<br />Rig<br /><br />btw...ripped out the crappy rear bench seat and put a removable seat in from a dodge grand voyager LE fits like a glove and folds down to the perfect height. and the colour matches..yipee