Front end alignment?

shadowdog

Recruit
I ran my new rig this weekend. <br /><br />1544 Weldcraft with 25 HP merc tiller Steer.<br /><br />I runs great but it pulls to the right (hard). I have to hold on to the side of the boat with my other hand. It's not bad at slow speeds.<br /><br />I turned the trim tab as far as it would go. It might have helped a little.<br /><br />What else can you do? What causes this?

D

DJ

Re: Front end alignment?

Make sure the ngine is dead center on the transom. Also make sure it is perfectly vertical.

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral

Are you turning the trim tab in the right direction? If its pulling to the right, you should turn it counter clockwise. I know it looks backwards, but what you are doing is compensating for the torque of the prop.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

You are supposed to turn the tab in the direction the boat is turning. Maybe a trim issue, I know on larger motors the pull is eliminated when trimming out, maybe you can work on the trim to eliminate the pull.

shadowdog

Recruit

I will check the motor location, I will turn the trim tab the other way, and I will trim it up a little. I'm working out of town so I have to wait till the weekend.<br /><br />Thanks guys