15 hp gamegetter by force

huntertn

Cadet
its an earily 90's model..a mech. told my friend that the coils were shot..but was unable to order them..do any of you know where my friend my buy some..it would be a shame to let this nice little motor end up junked over two darn bad coils..or so the mech. told my friend..I have it at my house..have to finish up a 5 hp johnson, a 4 hp evinrude and a 6 hp befor I can get on this one..any ideals..I' ve only worked on the 50 hp forces..not the smaller ones..like a gamegetter force model..Huntertn

ob

Admiral
Re: 15 hp gamegetter by force

Got a model and serial number off the force engine?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Force topic.

huntertn

Cadet

ok I have found out its an 89 mercery by sears gamegetter...I have got new coils for it and that wasa trip only 9 places have the left after that no more..anyway I have them in..not started it yet..but..I have noticed its really stiff to pull on the cord..and while the spark bit my girlfriends hand..lol..told her to hold it by the boot..it still shows a yellow spark..not a blue..will that still work..or do I need to replace anything else..the model nunbers and serial nubers are 225-581501 .serial is 6234

huntertn

Cadet

just to let you all know...I finished up on this motor tonight..the yellow spark is ok..it runs like a champ now..had to clean the carb and get a new primer button..lol..but the darn kill button doesn't work..seems as if they used a housecord to run on the kill button which got into the flywheel..and that needs replacing/splicing..but all it all..after what I was told three years out of service..its a running little motor now..thanks for the help..darlie