Tilt and Trim years and HP

smitty1

Recruit
I have a 1987 Force 85 HP outboard motor and I would like to install tilt and trim. I need to know what years of tilt and trim and HP would fit my motor. I have been told 1985 to 1994 and 85 to 150 Horse power would fit. Thanks for all help.

Realgun

Commander
Re: Tilt and Trim years and HP

Your best bet is an aftermarket unit. You really don't want an old unit as they are not really repairable. And the cost will be about the same. You could buy the same motor you have with a working tilt/trim also.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Tilt and Trim years and HP

smitty1, welcome to iboats<br /><br />yep, an aftermarket model by cmc or panther would be best, new, with warranty. Both are available from iboats, about $500.<br /><br />As far as which force tnt will work on your motor, its really hard to know for sure. Those things seemed to change one component or the other almost every year. There are lots of them on ebay, but are old, corroded, usually inoperable, incomplete, and expensive.<br /><br />The nice thing about an aftermarket unit is that it will work with any motor you might have in the future, if you ever need to replace the old force.