Force 115HP

miichael18

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I just purchased a boat that has a force 115 hp but i am not sure what model/year it is. I searched around for a force 115 and i dont see any posted anywhere. I found force 110 and force 120. Im looking for these parts for a Force 115.<br /><br />- Complete tilt/trim system<br />- Complete Steering system<br />- Cyliniod switch for starting<br /><br />Any info on my motor would be great. also is it worth putting the money into it?

chuckz

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Force 115HP

Look on the transom mounting bracket, you should find a sticker with the model and serial number.<br /><br />Tilt and trim systems are available on e-bay as well as aftermarket.<br /><br />The starter solenoid should already be on the motor, otherwise replacements are available.<br /><br />The steering system is not engine specific.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

110?<br />115?<br />Never heard of either.<br /><br />Have heard of :<br />4<br />5<br />9.9<br />25<br />35<br />40<br />50<br />70<br />85<br />90<br />120<br />125<br />150<br /><br />Steering system is a boat part, and generally not engine specific.<br /><br />Engine parts can be bought at a Mercury dealer.<br /><br />tilt and trim will be tough. Lots of junk tilt and trim parts on ebay. Better to buy a complete aftermarket system, around $550.<br /><br />First we have to positively id that motor.<br />Look for an id plate on the transom mounting bracket.<br />If the id plate is gone, you will have to have someone look at it and try to id it for you.<br /><br />Why do you think it is a 115hp?<br />How many cylinders?<br />How many carburators?<br />Hollow prop for thru prop exhaust? Or solid cored prop with a rubber cone over the end of the prop shaft?<br /><br />If you could post a picture, or give a detailed description, someone will likely be able to narrow it down a bit.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

That's from when US Marine owned Force. Between Chrysler and Merc-made Force. They have a really crappy ignition system. They have a high failure rate and Merc pissed off Prestolite enough to make them tell Merc to Pound Salt. You can't get any parts for that igniton system anymore. You have to upgrade to a new system if any component goes bad. Thats around $1,000 for the parts alone. If you decide to keep it, make dang sure you have good spark and compression on all cylinders. Otherwise I'd sell it on ebay for parts. Good luck.

Realgun

Commander

WilyBwright you can get parts you just have to look. They are there. As there are no new parts true but there are parts as people generally just dump their Force for a different brand so they get totally different problems. Then they take it to a mechanic that will work on it. The Force is a good engine and very simple. I would rather work on a Force than almost any other brand because they are easy to understand and usually fix.<br />As to normal maintence parts you can get them at Napa Auto for Christ sakes!<br /><br />Now having said all that I will probably pick up and old Evenrude as When it say 88,90, or 115 you know it will be that much! <br /><br />The Last REAL Force was produced around 1990 after that it more a rebadged Merc which is a good thing.<br /><br />Anyone got a Force 120 around a 1992-up for sale? :D

Moxy

Cadet

I have a '95 120 longshaft in my garage, what do you need?

Realgun

Commander

The whole thing would be good. Moxy!<br /><br />However i saw you blew the motor which is not good for me. :D