spun hub

sheaston

Seaman Apprentice
I have been reading about force 50 Hp having issues with spun hubs<br />my question is are there any props that will stop this?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: spun hub

Welcome to iboats, Scott. Regretfully, no. as a MOF, there are no after-market props for this motor, unless it is custom-made. They come in one pitch (15in I think), and one diameter, 11.5"----And that's all. <br />Besides, given that this lower unit is barely strong enough to handle the HP assigned to it, I'd strongly advise to stick with stock here.<br />They're designed to be the "weak-link" in the chain, to protect the L/U from gear damage.<br />As you'ver probably read allready, one way of keeping it from spinning-out is to ramp-up the throttle, avoiding "hole-shots".

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Most props have a center rubber mounted hub.<br />There may be some special use props that do not.<br />The older Force props are a weak design.<br />The newer props with thru hub exhaust are better.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by sheaston:<br /> are all props this way
Yes,as Roscoe said, many are. The hub is meant to be the weak link on all lower units they are employed on. For the most part, they take the place of the old "shear-pin". Ironically, some props still use a pin, but they are used to hold the prop on the shaft (as in your 50HP).