'70 85hp Chrys. won't start

gobo

Cadet
OK.<br />Thanks for all the posts...<br />She turns over, and seems to be getting fuel to the carbs... I sprayed ethol where the rubber grommets are in front of the carbs, no luck. I put in new plugs.....autolite***x<br />Where doI need to go from here?<br />Can it be diagnosed with a voltmeter of some kind?<br />Help!!!!!!<br />Thanks ,Bo

novicetech

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: '70 85hp Chrys. won't start

First, check for spark on all three cylinders, remove the plugs one at a time and hold with a good pair of insulated pliers to a good ground make sure that the threaded part of the plug is up against the ground, and you can see the electrode on the plug. Then have someone ckank the engine, you should have a blue spark. If no spark clean the electrical connections with sandpaper until they are shiny again pay attention to the wires coming from the distributor. I would also remove the distributor, make sure you make a mark on the belt and the gear so you know how to put it back together. Then remove the points and sandpaper them and set them 0.014. Then reassemble and recheck for spark. If you have spark post it and we will go from there. Do you have axcess to a compression tester?<br />Good luck

gobo

Cadet

Well,<br />No spark from spark plugs nor from the coil wire coming from the dist.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Go back to your original post, Gobo.<br /><br />People reading this one don't know what you are talking about.