Chrysler controls

Barnbldr

Cadet
Ok besides the obvious throttle/key in this control box what is this other stuff for? There is a ??pull out??? knob under the throttle control, and what seems to be 2 switches in the upper right, but I am at a loss as to what they're for. Thanks in advance, Barnbldr.<br />
DSC993.jpg

snett

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Chrysler controls

The Pull out knob will disengane the forward and reverse gear so you can warm the engine up and use it as a throttle control with out going into gear, kinda like a clutch. Not real sure about the 2 buttons, dont think they are standard, at least i have never seen them there on the 2 i have had.<br /><br />Shane

scotiany

Senior Chief Petty Officer

One of those buttons might be to activate the choke. If not, push the key in to activate choke. I've never seen them on my 2 controls either.

scotiany

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Just looked in the Seloc manual. They're probably for trim-tilt. If your motor doesn't have it, then they're probably useless.

thedude7803

Petty Officer 3rd Class

As far as I know, the silver button that puts the motor in neutral HAS to be pulled out in order to start the motor. I pull the button out, push the throttle all the way forward and start. After the motor warms, pull the throttle back to the neutral position, push the button in and go. When the motor is warm, no need to throttle up, but the button still must be pulled out in order to start the motor.

fast525

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The silver "pull-out " knob is for warm up pull it out , push the lever forward , Push the key in to choke as your turning it . When it cranks , pull the lever back , knob in and put it in gear . The other two someone added . I've got several different styles of the same contrl and those are'nt on any of them . Trace the wires out and see what they go to .