Hel[p on Force Engine Maintenance tips

marcob

Recruit
FORCE L-DRIVE 120 HP<br /><br />How hard is to take the lower unit down to check the U_HOUSING, U_JOINT condition and perform some lube maintenance on that area of the engine ?<br /><br />I am not a mechanic, but have diagrams of the lower engine. I am planning to do some maintenance on that part of the engine without touching the gears.<br /><br />1) Is this something that requires a mechanic to <br /> do ? <br /><br />2) What parts do need to be maintained constantly on the lower unit ?<br /><br />Thanks a lot!<br /><br />boating_is_fun (sometimes)

rbruce63

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Hel[p on Force Engine Maintenance tips

Lowerunits in I/O are very hard for the Saturday Mechanic, please refer to an experienced mechanic for service.<br /><br />However, replacing the lower unit oil, the seals of the lower unit oil vent and screws should be easy. <br /><br />Greasing the spline of the propeller should be also within the grasp of the ocassional mechanic. <br /><br />Please refer to your maintenance manual for these regular maintenance proceedures and safety precautions!