Where to find wiring diagram for U.S. Marine consol?

shindig888

Seaman
Hi folks! I am trying to verify if all of the wiring in my newly aquired boat is correct. Just fixing some non operational electrics (winsheild wiper,lights, etc.) I know that the tach. isn't working and would like to troubleshoot it and suspect that the overtemp alarm is non functional as well because of the way it is wired. The motor is a 91 force 50hp. If any one is familiar with this your input is appreciated.

shindig888

Seaman
Re: Where to find wiring diagram for U.S. Marine consol?

OK more information.. I beleive there is a tan w/ grn stripe coming from what I beleive is the thermo swithch on the head, to the bus bar, which changes to orange, which I follow to the buzzer under the dashboard. At the buzzer there is a black wire that goes to the grnd. term on the tach. I verified(ver) that this is grnd. I feel this is wrong, as I would assume the over temp switch switches to grnd.@ hot, thus the buzz would need a pos. connection instead of the grnd. (to the tach.) am I correct? Second the tach has three terminals, omitting the backlight.., one is grnd., sec. is pos., and third is a purp. wire, presumably sig.? I ver. continuity to the purp at the motor buss to the tach terminal, and voltage to tach. At the motor buss, the purp.wire goes to grey to the AC side of the rectifier..? Is this correct? Does the tach. run off of AC ?

chuckz

Chief Petty Officer

The tach operates by counting the pulses comming off the alternator stator. The tach operates on DC but needs the AC connection as the rpm signal source. It sounds as if the purple wire is the input signal. You still need to check for DC power.

chuckz

Chief Petty Officer

I'm home where I have my Seloc Force manual. I checked the wiring diagram. The black wire on the overheat buzzer is not ground. The thermo switch completes the circuit to ground to sound the buzzer.<br /><br />The overheat buzzer is connected to a terminal strip. The black wire on the terminal strip is ground.

shindig888

Seaman

Does this mean that the other side of the buzzer is positive 12v.?

chuckz

Chief Petty Officer

Yes. I'm at work without the schematic but one side of the buzzer gets power from the ignition key, the other side goes to the thermo switch. +12 volt should be there when the key is on.

shindig888

Seaman

Thanks L.I. I figured something was wrong. I tested the thermo switch... on @80 off @60. Tested the circuit, she's A-OK now.

yfz450guy

Petty Officer 3rd Class

i have a simular problem as my buzzer is not hooked up at all. how do i wire it in? thanks.