Tilt and Trim on 1990 Force 120hp

DrSkates

Recruit
I'M HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THE MOTOR GOING DOWN SLOWLY. i KNOW IT CAN BE A SEAL, BUT i DON'T KNOW WHERE TO FIND IT OR HOW TO FIX IT. pLEASE ADVISE, AND IF POSSIBLE SEND DIGRAMS OF HOW TO REPAIR IT. ANY HELP i WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE. My email is DocSkates@aol.com. Please Help. I need to be fishing.<br /><br />Doc

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Tilt and Trim on 1990 Force 120hp

I suspect it needs a new set of o-rings in the pump body ( under the pump motor). <br /><br />Sorry can't help with the details of how to do this, but the Clymers repair manual shows exploded views of the unit.<br />It also outlines a series of leakdown tests to help pinpoint the problem.

redlabel

Cadet

Been having the same problem, same motor. I have the Seloc manual which was more confusing than helpful. <br />Took it to a boat place here in Dallas and they wouldn't even touch it.<br />If I find out anything helpful, I will post it. <br />Thinking of taking it to a hydraulics repair place here in town to see if they would look at it.<br />In the meantime I am using a block of wood to keep it up going in and out of the water.

cinder1995

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I work at a hydraulic co. They won't be able to do anything for the head assy. But my unit has a similar problem and these people, www.apimarine.com, will rebuild it for $150 if you send them your unit. <br /><br />I took mine apart and it had several small springs and ball bearings, I got it back together but there's no o'rings to replace in it.

oogaboga

Petty Officer 3rd Class

last yr.i posted a few on this and you can rebuild it for pennys go to a briggs and straten place and get a carb. rebuild kit and use the smallest o-ring ,remove the lower pump assembly and watch for the ballbearings ,remember were they go.you will two big allen wrench screws remove them that piece comes apart but be very carfull not to put any burs on them inside replace the o-ring .be carefull you can do it and good luck.