75 hp Force good, bad, ugly?

martyr

Recruit
Hi I'm interested in a local boat from a dealer?<br /><br />I posted about the boat in general posts section.<br /><br /> http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=010118 <br /><br />One of the replys said not to buy the boat because force motors are bad? sorry I don't have any info on the year of the motor.<br /><br />So are there more problems with force motors on average? and is the 75 hp a bad unit?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: 75 hp Force good, bad, ugly?

Force motors were entry level motors at an entry level price.<br />The 75hp was produced from 1996-1999.<br />It has a Merc lower unit, tilt n trim, and ignition system.<br />It is a pretty decent little motor compared to other/older Force motors, but it is no (insert brand name here).<br /><br />I would like a bit bigger motor on that boat.<br />What is the max rated hp for that boat? <br /><br />NADA website says that average retail on that boat is $3400.<br />Look to get about 27mph out of it with 4 people.<br />Definitely get the motor checked out.<br />And get an on the water test drive, with 4 people in it to see if it will live up to your needs.<br /><br />No test drive, NO SALE.