Chrysler 354HC

johnrolf

Seaman
I need to find out what impeller my engine takes. I ordered sierra part 3084, which is what all the parts websites recommend, but it did not fit the water pump. Which imepller do I need? The engine is a 354HC 35hp.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: Chrysler 354HC

Are you sure? They use the same impeller for 35s, 40s, 45s, 50s, and 55s. They have a larger diameter than the housing. You have to squeeze them in there by turning the driveshaft clockwise (looking down) while you push the housing down. A little soap helps. At low speeds it acts like a positive displacement pump when the vanes contact the sides. At higher speeds it acts as a centrifugal pump as the vanes move away from the sides. Fairly brilliant design, actually. Just don't starve them of water. If it fits on the shaft, it should be the right one. There are some with 10 vanes and some with 5. They all work if they fit the shaft.

alcan

Commander

I just checked my books. The orignal Chrysler part# for your motors impeller is 433065. The Seirra # is 3084. These #s are correct. This does not mean how ever you have the correct part. Is it possible the incorrect part got the correct # ?

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Okay, here's a quiz. Which would pump more? The 5-vane or the 10-vane?