decarbing

blackwaterstout

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I've read some info on decarbing and still have a few questions. <br /><br />I've been using seafoam mixed with my gas for about the last three tanks. Haven't really noticed any difference. I bought a can of deep creep and plan on squirting it directly into the carb and into the cylinder heads. All of the things I've read state that you should spray it liberally into the heads and leave it sit for 15 minutes. Then start the engine and let it run at idle for about 15 minutes. My question is, will it hurt if I spray the deep creep into my heads and leave them sit longer than 15 minutes? Would it hurt to leave it sit for a day or two?

Ron G

Commander
Re: decarbing

Its better leave it in overnight,then take it and squirt more into the carbs then run it for 15 min.

timmathis

Lieutenant

Deep-creep it to it chokes down then pull plugs and spray them let it soak overnight. Tim

Todd Humphreys

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I always trim my motor all the way up so the pistons are almost vertical. Then squirt deep creep in spark plug holes, replace the plugs and let it soak overnight or longer if it makes me feel better. I have also put it on the pistons replace the plugs, pulled the kill switch and turned the motor over for about ten seconds, thinking this would help it get into the ring groves under pressure.