90hp Force Engine on a 1990 Bayliner

Beavrusmc

Recruit
Hello,<br /><br /> I have a question about a Force Engine that hopefully someone can help me with. The engine doesn't have many hours on it, I can say it probably has less than 100 hours over the 14 years I've owned it. The engine turns over, but it runs hot. On the outboard motor, halfway down on the outside there is are two little holes side by side. I don't know if water should be coming out of it or not. I see smoke coming out of it. It seems the engine is overheating. I had a guy come and look at it to buy and he said if you couldn't put your hand behind the motor with the cover off for like 10 seconds then there is a problem. Anyone have any ideas?

Baldguy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 90hp Force Engine on a 1990 Bayliner

My guess would be that the impeller needs to be replaced. 14 years and that rubber could be fairly brittle. 100 hours and it should have been replaced too. I'd start there.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

I can't believe you have had this boat for 14 years and never noticed that water is supposed to be coming out of those two holes along with the some exhaust? Should be a dribble on the muffs, and a forceful stream in the water. Impeller is shot, and hope you haven't damaged the motor.

cloumar

Petty Officer 1st Class

Also replacing the thermostat won't hurt !!<br /><br />Smokey