1993 Force 120ELPT and 13P prop

Eriepa

Recruit
I just purchased a 1993 Armada Marda Explorer 2100 with a 1993 Force 120hp.<br />The boat is a deck boat with a tri-hull weighting in at ~2900 lbs.<br />With Myself, wife and 2 young kids, WOT is 4700 and top end is ~19 MPH.<br />The Mfg has a top end of 5200-5600 rpm for WOT. That is a 500 to 900 RPM delta. And if I have been follwing the threads correctly I should 2-4 pithches lower.<br />Problem is the lowest pitch I can find for this is 13P. So now I am wondering if th motor is the cause. It starts and runs fine - Compression, just by turning it through the compression stroke by hand seems good.<br />The engine does not feel "overloaded" but it does consume ~14 gph at wot.<br />Also - I cannot find the Manufacture of this boat - it is out of Ravenna, KY.<br />Appreciate any comments.

D

DJ

Re: 1993 Force 120ELPT and 13P prop

Eriepa,<br /><br />You definetely need to do something to get your RPM's up.<br /><br />1. Where does your cavitation plate sit in reference to the bottom of the boat. It should be even with or slightly above.<br /><br />2. You may have to get a prop shop to "make" you a prop starting from a 13". It can be done.

Eriepa

Recruit
Re: 1993 Force 120ELPT and 13P prop

Appreciate the reply - I will check the Cav plate tonight or tomorrow and reply.<br /><br />The last owner said that is the motor and prop that came with the boat. He also had a new spare prop that was identical. Does it seem unusual that they would put a Motor/Prop combination like this knowing that the WOT is 5200-5600 rpm from the factory / dealer?