force tourque values not in book

i have a 1989 force 150, the values for the reed assembly and intake manifolds not in book it said see table 4 but they are not there i have the clymers manual please help if you can...<br /><br />dave

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: force tourque values not in book

You are right, they aren't there. :( <br /><br />None in my factory manual either. :( <br /><br />Most items say "re-install part ***, and secure with bolt" :( <br /><br />Sorry, not what you wanted to hear.

i ws hoping it ws just my book, does anyone have a different brand of manual or a good guess????

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

Hi Dave, I have an original Force manual and it has a torque chart for many engine items but not these parts. Since it doesn't indicate torque values for these parts it seems to indicate that it isn't overly critical, with your tractor experience basic common sense would do the trick. But there is a standard hardware chart in the manual that indicates torques for different size screws and nuts, 10-24 would be 30 inch pounds, 10-32 would be 35 inch pounds, 12-24 would be 45 inch pounds, 1/4 20 would be 70 inch pounds, 5/16 18 would be 160 inch pounds, and 3/8 16 would be 270 inch pounds, remember that's inch pounds, not foot pounds,,,,,

THATS IT thanks so much, they are 1/4 20, i was going to guess since the other parts with the same bolt where 70 inch pounds, that it might be safe, but i never knew about this chart and will realy get some use out of it<br /><br />Thanks again for sharing your knowledge....

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

Dave, my pleasure, this is one of the main reasons for these forums, I've received my share of help and hints, Ken