Arriva: Worth a look?

saxis

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm looking at an Arriva 20ft Bow-rider for sale, early to mid 90's, 150 HP F-5 Force. It has been garaged it's entire life except being docked for part of the summers at a lake/cabin, serviced by the dealer every year and never in saltwater. The time it has actually been on water, I was told, was mostly puttering around the lake at 10 MPH. The only problem I can see, is a soft spot in the floor directly behind the driver's seat. The spot is about a foot wide and 2 feet long down the side of the rear seat. The boat is in storage at my work, and I've only been able to talk to our landlord about it's condition (which might be more reliable than the owner's words). He thinks the owner may settle for around $5,000, as he's "in the mood" to buy a new boat for the summer! He's taking the boat/motor to get serviced now and possibly use it for a couple weekends. I realize it's possible that the entire floor might need to be replaced, which I wouldn't be able to work on right away. Anyone have an idea what this boat would be worth in this condition? Aside from the soft spot on the floor, it looks gorgeous!

cobra 3.0

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Arriva: Worth a look?

Force isn't a motor in the same class as other popular brands and isn't even being made anymore. $5000 sounds like $1500-$2000 too much...especially with a soft floor. By the way, you don't get a soft floor from storing it inside. This boat sat outside and got pleny of use. and 10 mph??!! Give me a break. You can't even plane at that speed.

mercrewser

Petty Officer 1st Class

$3000 MAX. That floor is alot of work to replace. You will find more wrong once you tear into it.

saxis

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hmm... Not sounding good! <br /><br />Our landlord seems to think the guy has taken emmaculate care of this boat. He knows it's been in storage, as he has to unlock the doors when he comes to take it out or put it back in. The boat/motor was bought brand new, he thinks in 96, so they are at LEAST 10 years old. I've been out there a few times to look it over. The floor was my biggest concern...<br /><br />Edit: After getting a quick look at the inside, the upholstry is quite a bit faded on one side at least. Cobra was probably right in that it has seen plenty of outside weather. Hard to see it's condition in a dark building. I think even at $3,000-4,000, it would still be alot less work/money than my current boat project, but I'd rather not buy another "project" boat!

StratMan290FS

Seaman Apprentice

yeah i agree with everyone else, force isnt the best name and 5k is a bit high for a boat with work needing to be done like reflooring. The late 80, early 90's sea ray 18-20ft'ers are a solid boat for the buck. And how long has this landlord stored the boat? maybe when the owner saw it was getting faded/weak floor he started storing it inside..

saxis

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the replies everyone! I was kinda worried the price might be steep. Problem is, you don't see many bow-riders this close to the ocean. Think I'll just stick to restoring my 58' Fleetform for now!