55hp chrysler

blm1858

Cadet
Im in trouble fellers,While rebuilding fuel pump<br />i damaged 2 of the 3 pump valves.Does anyone know where i can get them?The 2nd stage valve is a real bugger to get out.<br /><br /> Lost in the 50s<br /> BruceLee

scotiany

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 55hp chrysler

Too late now but here's what it says in the Seloc manual, page 4-61 . " The two outside valves are pressed into the pump body. If these two valves are pressed out, they will be rendered unfit for further service and would have to be replaced." Other than maybe ebay, I don't know where you would get those specific parts. One of the admirals probably has some ideas though. I wonder that in this day and age if some sort of an electric fuel pump could be fitted to our old engines.

blm1858

Cadet

i bought a clymer manual and it had no warnings of this..it discribed removing and reinstalling.So i had to modify the pump body to remove the 2 stage valve..if i can get replacements it will be easier next time

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Dont feel bad I did the same thing. My clymor says to remove them also. On mine I could see the gaskets were broken. Here is a link where I got them. fuel valves and gaskets Make sure you get the gaskets as well. The ones that came with your rebuild kit will not fit. You need items 6 and 7. You can press fit these in with I believe a 1/2 inch deep socket and tap them in with a hammer. <br />Good luck

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

When I ordered mine I ordered an extra set. I verified the part numbers from the link I posted. One of yours is brass and the other two are stainless. They do not make the brass ones anymore. You should order 3 gaskets so you can replace the one that is held by the two screws. I dont know what rebuild kit you bought but the one I got from NAPA the valve gaskets were the wrong size and they broke when I tried to install them.

blm1858

Cadet

i used napa rebuild kit too.i thought i was in good shape until i tried pushing the valves out.my valves where all brass.that looks like my valves alrite on that site.but that dog gone shipping and handling rate is horrific.i guess thats the price i have to pay.i sure appreciate<br />the help.<br /><br /> Brucelee<br /> Bmrdad@aol.com

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Yep the shipping rates really suck. I paid 15 bucks for the shipping for a one ounce part. You could do is write the part number down and call a merc dealer. They might have it or can get it for you without shipping charges. If not order anything you can think of such as impellers and seal kits.

scotiany

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Just had a thought. How about trying Franzmarine. He's a Chrysler expert from Mo. Also a member of thechryslercrew. Lots of good info there also.