Testing Force 150

Macattack

Seaman
In March I bought a boat with a 1990 Force 150 on it. I started it last Sunday with hose and muffs attached. It started right away but I noticed no stream of water coming from the motor. Came home and checked out past posts regarding impellers. On some posts they talk of pee hole. Is the pee hole the same as the idle relief holes? Where should the water come out? Are muffs the best way to run an engine on land or should I use a tank of water. I'm new to Force motors. Any info would be useful. Thanks Bill Mc I'm going to change the impeller, cheaper than a rebuild. What parts are needed, any gaskets or seals to change? Are there any web sites that show the 150's parts and part number? :confused:

Re: Testing Force 150

here is a site with a break down of every part on that motor..<br /><br />dougrussell.com/partscatalog/components/index.cfm?fuseaction=getcomp&colid=06&coldesc=150%20H.P.%20(1989-1994)&index=1116)

revertmastec

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Testing Force 150

Mac,<br /><br /> Very hard to get a good seal with the muffs. You can use some sort of rubber tape to seal around the edges but the best thing to do is to use a trash can filled with water. Do yourself a favor and install a water pressure gauge. This will take all the guess work out of whether you are pumping water or not..