weak trim tilt

denniston

Cadet
I have this cool 78 Glasstron this friend gave me, with a Chrysler 140hp Charger. And I've been fixing it up last fall and this spring. I took it for our madian voyage today and had as to be expected several problems. First of all the trim tilt system seems to be weak it works well?? on land slightly slow, but when I'm in the water the power of the prop counter acts all the power of the trim so its basically worthless. Does that sound like just low fluid, or weak pump??? (if low, what do I put in it?)<br />To finish up the story the weak trim put the prop on a rock, broke a shear pin I think, and fouled the plugs I think, and gave me a good workout rowing it back to the ramp.<br />Good thing I took a test run without my wife :D

CHARGER

Seaman
Re: weak trim tilt

Hi I had this problem aswell I undid the screw on the side of my Tilt mechanism (the cylinder sitting beside the motor) and filled it with automatic transmission fluid and then screwed it up again then tilted motor up and down a bit and filled it again till it was full and it fixed my problem mine was fine on land but when I tried too adjust it while cruising it was too weak too move Hope this helps

denniston

Cadet
Re: weak trim tilt

Charger Cool!<br />I'll give it a try.<br /><br />Would you mind sending me your email address to denniston@hotmail.com in case I have some more Charger related questions.<br /><br />thanks<br /><br />Jason