High Limit Trim Switch for 1996 Force 120

FishJC

Recruit
On my 1996 Force 120 there is no high limit<br />switch for the trim. I've cracked one cowel<br />already and know it will happen again if I<br />don't do something. Cannot find a switch for<br />this model motor. I see there's a mercury switch available for a V6 Merc. Does this fit or is it possible to retro fit? Other opitons? Thanks in advance. FishJC

DHPMARINE

Captain
Re: High Limit Trim Switch for 1996 Force 120

Fish,Merc did not really push this venue.Maybe you can put (make) spacers and install in the tilt cylinders.<br />DHP

FishJC

Recruit
Re: High Limit Trim Switch for 1996 Force 120

Thanks DHP for getting back. I saw spacers available for trim packages. Wasn't sure if that was the way to go or to use the switch. Now that you mention it, spacers would provide for a more positive stop.. We all know how reliable electrics can be at times even though I am a better electrician than mechanic which isn't saying much. I'm not sure why Merc. didn't want to follow up on this either as I'm sure others have had the same issue or maybe they just mounted their motor higher or used a jack plate which is by far overkill. Walleys are running on the Wolf River and have to get back on the water. Fish