Fuel Filter

tommymoe2002

Cadet
1996 Force 120, can I replace the clear fuel filter which the old one is a NAPA with a clear purolator from my local auto parts store. My friend said that the new filter's paper would fall apart in the filter because of the oil gas mixing (2cycle oil). Also, do the spark plug wires come out of the coil packs or are they just one unit? The old owner never change the spark plug wires. I just got this boat over the winter and want to give it the best tune up before going out inthe water. Thanks<br /> Tom

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Fuel Filter

Hi, Tommy.<br /><br />I recommend that you use a seperating filter intended for marine use with mixed fuel. Though I don't think the mixed fuel will cause an automotive filter to "fall apart", there are other considerations that make auto parts unsuitable for marine use.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

Amen JB! This one is cheap enough and will get the job done. I would highly recommend it on your Force Motor.. <br /><br />web page

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

If you replace the sparkplug wires, make sure you use wire core plug wires, NOT resistor type carbon fiber plug wires.

tommymoe2002

Cadet

Roscoe,<br /> Thanks, but how do they come out of the coil pack? By twisting then off?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

They should just pull off. It may help to try to pry them off.