where does this go?

shildreth

Cadet
I have a 1988 85hp Force. I found a small U shaped stainless steel retainer on the left side of the engine compartment and can not find where it goes. If you look in a parts view, under Electrical componets, it look like #66. I am A firm beliver that everything that the manufacture puts on there is needed. Does anyone know where this goes?

shildreth

Cadet
Re: where does this go?

wakebite , its not an Eclip I know what they look like, it looks like it takes a 1/4" screw through the middle of it and is shaped like a rectangel

WhiteHorse

Seaman

There is a long flat piece of metal connecting you carbs together on the starboard side of the carbs. I believe the piece you are referring to fell off one of the retention screws top, or bottom. Of course, the screw will be lost in space as well, so you are looking for a hole where it used to go. <br />Go back to the parts catalog and look at the carburation section. Tell me if you see it there.

shildreth

Cadet

WHA<br />I see what your talking about and I have them both. I am pretty sure it is # 66 in the Electrical Componets blow up