Which instruments?

epresutti

Chief Petty Officer
Folks,<br /><br />OK, I am near the end of my rebuild and tomorrow I am going to purchase my new motor.<br /><br />After much research and discussion I have decided on the suzuki 140 (BTW: they are running a 6 year warrenty special right now).<br /><br />I need everything, motor, steering guages, controls. So my question is, given the choice what types of guages would you put on your boat.<br /><br />I have decieded on the following so far:<br />Fish finder<br />GPS/Speed (full featured)<br />Fuel<br />Tachometer<br /><br />What else would you want?<br />Amps?<br />Water Pressure?<br />Water Temp?<br />Oil Pressure?<br />etc.<br /><br />Thanks for all the help.<br /><br />Peace.<br /><br />Ed.

imported_Curmudgeon

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Which instruments?

Get the multifunction tach and it handles all engine functions. I'd think a fuel gage and voltmeter would be handy ... ;)

Perfidiajoe

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Which instruments?

A volt meter, water pressure, & Fuel, somewhat necessary. GPS will give you speed over ground, fish finder should have speed through water as an add on, (maybe included on some). Fuel flow meter is nice & usefull, but expensive. The factory tach, & multi-gauge will handle the rest. If you consider it a gauge, a compass is a must, depending on where & how you boat. IMHO, Joe