Over Heating!!!

sandollar1978

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello, My friends Force 50HP Outboard model(507X7C) year? is over heating! The water does not come out where it supost to come out. How can we correct this problem? It was running great last year but since he stored it know it over heats and water does not come out. Any help would be great thanks!! :D

Mod2

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Over Heating!!!

I'm going to move your post to Chrysler/Force forum Sandollar. Should get a good response there.

sandollar1978

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks I moved the post to force but I could not delet it in evinrude post.

rbruce63

Petty Officer 1st Class

The obvious path would be to rebuild the water pump and replace the impeller, secondly, I would take the head and have it resurfaced since the motor overheated. This will also give a light to the extent of the damage if the motor overheated and what to do from there. Finally, I would put the resurface head and replace the gasket. <br /><br />Now comes the test. In a tank or a 55 gallon drum if possible I would start the motor to see what happens. Water should come from the exhaust relief in the middle of the leg. <br /><br />After operating for a while in the tank I would put my hand already wet in water on top of the head to check for overheating. If you could keep your hand in the head for a brief moment all is ok. <br /><br />The next path would be to run the motor mounted in the boat at a lake were you test run the motor.