Ficht Ram Oil for Premix?

rbruce63

Petty Officer 1st Class
Some of the forum members have been entertaining the idea of using Ficht Ram Oil for premix although from the information on Bombardier's web site one concludes that this oil was developed to be used in their Ficht Ram Direct Injection motors. Is this possible? Will it work well with my Chrysler 20?

walleyehed

Admiral
Re: Ficht Ram Oil for Premix?

Yes, it was formulated for the Ficht, but it also performs flawlessly in pre-mix situations, and is labeled to do so..

rbruce63

Petty Officer 1st Class

How does it compare to their XD25 and is it really worth its salt?

walleyehed

Admiral

XD-25 is 10% synthetic-good all-around choice for any outboard (carbed)..Ficht Ram is 50% synthetic, and offers much better Idling charactoristics due to the higher syn. content, and can be used in ANY injector or pre-mix application.<br />Is it worth the extra clams??? I think so if you troll alot, like to keep your engine in top shape, want to keep it out of the shop as much as possible, prefer a clean engine on the outside as well as inside, Yea, it's "one" of the top oils available for pre-mix.

LubeDude

Admiral

You can trust Walleyehed, He knows his Ficht Ram products. And I agree.

rbruce63

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am 1/2 a gallon of XD-25 away from getting Ficht Ram oil. I will try it then! <br /><br />How will the synthetic component react with the gaskets of my Chrysler?