Force engine cut out

domraga

Recruit
Hi guys, new to the forum. Have found lots of useful info- you guys really seem to know your stuff. Just want to pick your brains on a little problem i have. i have a force 120hp 1992 2 stroke (ser no.***xx92C) and i have installed a push button start on the dashboard and removed the key. do any of you know which wire i have to connect to a button to stop the engine running and does this require a positive or negative signal?<br /><br />by the way, i must be the only person in the world with a black stator and yes it is mangled and i am getting the red one!

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: Force engine cut out

The kill wire is black with a yellow stripe. Ground it to kill the motor. Don't touch it while it's running, it carries over 200v. :eek:

WhiteHorse

Seaman

That model has a "stop 1" and a "Stop 2". You can stop the motor by grounding either one. There should be a white color code & position label on your water jacket next to the harness tie-in bracket. Refer to that label. If you need a copy of it, let me know. Depending on the harness used, sometimes the wires are differently colored.

WhiteHorse

Seaman

Since you eliminated the key switch, I am curious as to how you set up the choke for motor? Push button as well? <br />Skye

domraga

Recruit

yes, just a live switched push button that directly operates the choke soleniod. i used a car immobiliser to immobilise choke and start soolenoid signals.