Need 55hp lower unit case, or trade, and steering cable what type?

jrwhites2004

Recruit
Well folks new to the board here. I have a 55hp motor and the lower unit case has a small crack, and the seal unit is pretty much wiped out. So i need a case and seal kit, or a new lower unit. WHERE can i find just the case?<br /><br />Also why type of steering cables go on these. I had a 12' green one. Does any style work. I know it srews into the steering wheel, but not for sure on the rest.<br /><br />Thanks. I'll trade for a smaller motor if anyone wants too.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Re: Need 55hp lower unit case, or trade, and steering cable what type?

Hello jrwhites. The best place to find a lower unit is on ebay. do a search for chrysler outboard lower unit. I know one just went a couple of days ago. I believe a 35HP. 45HP and a 55HP will work for your motor. You can email twin city outboard as well. I believe they are www.tcoutboard.com

jrwhites2004

Recruit

I have watch it. Non of them have sold either. To much $$

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

The bidding ended on that lower unit a week ago. He must have decided to try again. If you can get it for 100 bucks it is probably a good deal. It sure dont look pretty but a new lower unit costs a couple of grand.

hokey1

Cadet

I have a 75 chrysler complete w/ controls interested?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> I got a few of those case complete out back. how much ya reckon theyre worth ?<br /> good luck and keep posting<br /> ps I also have a complete 55 with a bad block