need to know year of my motor so I can order parts

I just bought a 115 hp Chrysler outboard and need to buy some parts. I have the serial # 2290 and model # 1157H9B but have no idea what year the motor would be. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.<br /><br />PS- The part I really need is half of the powerhead. Its not the half the pistons are in but the other where the crank shaft is held. I am new to outboards since this is my first boat so I am not up on what all the parts are. Any info on where to find used parts would be great. Thanks again.<br /><br />Cory Nelson

force01

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: need to know year of my motor so I can order parts

cory<br /><br />the powerheads are line bored as a unit ,there for you cant buy one half you will need the complete block check i boats for your block if <br />they cant help you we can thanks bret<br /><br />If you need further assistance please email me @ forcepower01@yahoo.com. thanks,Bret

Parker PowerCat

Recruit

Bret, New to the fourm... :) I too have a motor that I need to know the year of... Model # 1254x6b Serial # 2464<br /><br />Thanks in advance...<br /><br />Chuck

cggcpa1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Welcome to I boats parker power cat

TG

Petty Officer 3rd Class

nascar, you own a 1979 Chrysler. Good Luck

TG

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Parker, what's the HP of your motor?

force01

Petty Officer 2nd Class

parker<br /><br />your force 125 is a 1986 bret<br /><br />If you need further assistance please email me @ forcepower01@yahoo.com. thanks,Bret

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

1157H9 = 115HP = 1979 <br /><br />125HP 1986 ???