15 HP Chrysler Sea King - carb/smoke/pee stream/recoil spring

vh2q

Cadet
Engine runs great...but smokes a lot at low revs, none at full throttle. I use 32:1 mix and have tried adjusting the needle (brass screw) on the carb body but the engine doesn't seem to respond to adjustment while under way...just keeps humming along. Is this a low speed jet adjust only, and if so, how to adjust it? Or is there some other reason for all that blue smoke?<br /><br />Also, the water pump (just replaced) dribbles at full throttle under way, but gushes at low throttle when stationary. Is this how it's supposed to work? Seems backwards to me.<br /><br />Finally, anyone know how to keep that pesky brass anchor/clamp from popping off the end of the recoil spring? Seems I have to fix it every few months.

force01

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 15 HP Chrysler Sea King - carb/smoke/pee stream/recoil spring

russ<br /><br />mix your oil at 50-1 you are way to rich on your mixture, water out the back as you described is normal, eliminate that brass crimp on piece of ---- and bend the end of the spring into a u that you will insert into your black plastic holder that sits on the roll pin .hope this helps bret<br /><br />If you need further assistance please email me @ forcepower01@yahoo.com. thanks,Bret

scotiany

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 15 HP Chrysler Sea King - carb/smoke/pee stream/recoil spring

Just to add to force01's good post, the reason that you don't see much water coming out at full throttle is that most of it at that point is going out through the motor leg underwater(smoke too).