starter selenoid screw rusty and wont come out:(

DVDHIDEOUT

Cadet
i am attempting to replace my starter selenoid on my 1985 force 50hp outboard, the selenoid resides in a bracket, the problem is this bracet is mounted by two screws on them is broken half way and the other is so rusty it wont come out, i am beating the screw head with a hammer on the hope that the old screw head will chip broken rleaseing te bracket, anyone know anyother methods, plus to get to this screw i cant reach it the work space is too little, another question about sparks plugs please, i installed 2 new ones today and gapped them to 0.30 is 0.30 the right gapping, do they need to be gapped at all , please any one help out here , i need a coil too anyone know where to get ti from?

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Re: starter selenoid screw rusty and wont come out:(

Try brake fluid or liquid wrench on the screw. Try and work it in while some how tapping on the screw with a hammer. Is it the front screw or the rear one May have to take starter off to do the front one. If the head breaks you might be able to work the thread out with a nail head. Keep working the liquid wrench and hopefully it will loosen up. Be careful if you have to use an easy out. They can be tricky to use if you have never used one before <br /><br />The gap is .030 not .300 which would be thirty thousands inch. Most plugs you buy are pre gapped to this.

scotiany

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: starter selenoid screw rusty and wont come out:(

Think about this . The solenoid could be placed just about anywhere in the engine as long as you have it grounded and proper cable length. So, improvise. Try this email address for parts-<br />E-mail Address(es):<br /> linda@nu-z.net<br /><br />I got a great deal on a gasket set for my 55 Chrysler from Linda.<br /><br />Best of luck