how to remove the prop on force 90 hp 1990

thierry

Recruit
Sorry for my english (i am french so ...)<br />The last day of my vaccations just when i parked my boat i got a pb : My prop absorbed a wire of fishing so now i need to unscreew the prop to remove it <br />My question is how to do that Do i need to screew or unscreew (clockwise or counterclockwise direction) and how to block the prop is it by engaging in forward or reverse the speed lever<br />Thanks to read me and try to understand and of course to answer me

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander
Re: how to remove the prop on force 90 hp 1990

Bon Jour, Thierry!<br /><br />I take it you have a thru-hub exhaust with a nut visible from rear? <br /><br />You have to look closely on the nut, holding the prop on to the shaft. There should be a locking washer, with a couple of 'fingers' bend out, to prevent the nut from coming loose.<br /><br />Bend those 'fingers' away from the nut.<br /><br />Make sure the motor is in neutral (we don't want it to turn when you work on the prop shaft - and we don't want the drivetrain ot suffer from this work).<br /><br />Put a good piece of (flat) wood between the propeller blade and the anti-ventilation plate and remove the nut. Standard, counter-clockwise, thread.<br /><br />Once removed, the prop should slide off of the shaft easily.<br /><br />Clean all surfaces and apply marine grease before assembling it - same procedure, opposite order.<br /><br />PS! When the prop is off, make a note of the numbers stamped on it (either on hub or on the front end of the hub). This number may come in handy some day and you won't have to remove the prop to read it.

thierry

Recruit
Re: how to remove the prop on force 90 hp 1990

thanks a lot for the prompt and documented reply i traduced all the lines to be sure to understand all correctly and it is ok I will do it soon and i will post the result<br />Thanks again