OK I messed up replacing impellor on 85 force Help!!

CDBLAZERS

Seaman Apprentice
OK Im sorry I was told but I didnt listen. I read to make sure you know which way to put the new impellor in. But I cant remember which way the old one came off. so my question is standing on the back of the motor facing toward the front of the boat what direction does the drive shaft spin. or tell me another way to get it back in the right way. sorry!!! Thanks for the help

tmiller4090

Seaman Apprentice
Re: OK I messed up replacing impellor on 85 force Help!!

you could bump your starter and see which way it spins the flywheel

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Not sure about force but my chrysler has an emergency rope pull wheel on top of the fly wheel. You can only make the flywheel spin one way with this or the knot will fall off. Most engines spin clockwise. Spin drive shaft clockwise (if this is the way yours spins) with impeller keyed to drive shaft. lower water pump cover down on it while turning the drive shaft. Might want to put a soap or lower unit oil on the inside of water pump to make it go on easier and also gives the impeller a little lubrication before water gets in it.

CDBLAZERS

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks euro. I appreciate it I should have remembered that since I pull started the thing the other day to get into shore and clean some old battery terminals. Good thought. thanks