chrysler troubles!

troy missy

Recruit
i just bought a 14 foot with a 45hp chrysler on it. every time i go to put the pos cable on it sparks. the old owner put a starter silanoid in it. i need a wiring diag any help would be great.<br />mod no#458he.<br /><br />troy

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: chrysler troubles!

Welcome to iboats.<br />I don't have one, and it invites copywright infringement anyway. But the cheapest way to get what you need is your local library. You wont even need a library card, because you cant check the manuals out (reference only isle).<br />read all you want, and when you find what you need, head for the copy machine.
emthup.gif
<br /><br />Of cource, iboats has a link to the manual you need, and I have one handy for every motor I own,and then some. They will pay for themselves the first time you try to change the impeller out,or other mandatory maintainence task.

troy missy

Recruit

thanks but i was hoping for a pic now. my libary is small and does not have a big boating sec in it.for me i would have to drive an hour to get to the citys where a big one would be.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Sorry 'bout your troubles, Troy, but soliciting violation of copyright is just as much against the law as actually copying.<br /><br />The solenoid may be stuck, or the wiring for it improper.<br /><br />If you don't know enough about outboards to track that down you really need to buy a manual and read it before you touch the engine again.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

boating brad

Petty Officer 1st Class

starter solenoid is about the simplest circuit you have on an outboard. so you should follow JB's advice. if you plan on doing the work yourself!

troy missy

Recruit

i found a manual and it is the rectifier that is bad there is a short in it so im off to the parts store....

scotiany

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Let us know where you get the rectifier and how much it costs.