Adding water pressure guage

U68423

Petty Officer 3rd Class
How difficult would it be to add a water pressure or temp guage to a 1989 force 125hp... Any input on brand would also help..

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Adding water pressure guage

U68423, interesting question, I thought about it and feel that a temp guage alone would also provide evidence of water pressure and water flow, if the engine isn't overheating the water flow must be okay, I doubt the internal water pressure is very high in PSI, until the thermostat opens the excess water being pumped in goes out a spring loaded valve. No recommendation on a brand, for long life use one rated for boat use. Good luck.

revertmastec

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Adding water pressure guage

Pretty simple to do. You have two options<br />1. At the top of the head you may have a plug you can unscrew and screw in a temp sensor. Very hard to get the plug out but you may have some luck. <br />2. This is what I did. The make a "Z" bracket. With this you screw the one end of the bracket under a head bolt and the temp sensor into the other hole so the sensor is touching the top of the head. This now becomes a contact sensor and it is pretty accurate. The only thing you have to make sure you do is scratch the paint off the head where the sensor makes contact.