3.6 hp Chrysler

grip

Recruit
I've just been givin an outboard, and was wondering if anyone could tell me what year it is? It is a 3.6hp made by Chrysler Canada Outboard Ltd. in Barrie, Ontario, Canada. <br />model # 32BB, S/N:3601<br /> :cool:

alcan

Commander
Re: 3.6 hp Chrysler

Hi Grip<br />My list shows it to be a 1971 model.

Squeakit

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a 1969 Chrysler 3.5hp that is air-cooled and has a water scoop tube instead of a water pump. Noisy and not very fast, but runs fine. Gave 5 bux for it and cleaned it all up. I was told mine was made by West Bend. Is yours air or water cooled? Mine has an aluminum tear-drop shaped gas tank and a 2 blade prop. Very simple and straightforward little engine.

grip

Recruit

Hey Squeakit <br />the motor I have has an aluminum gas tank ,i would describe it as teardrop shaped with a squared off bottom corners & also has a 2-blade prop. I was looking for a water exit tube but don't see one, I have not even tried to pull it over yet, but the person who gave it to me told me it was running but they could hear the sound of sizzling water so they shut it down because they were afraid it was going to overheat.